Friday, April 24, 2009

Ultimate Camping


Thanks to everyone who came to the camp out! It was a success! Porter and Lizzy had a great time (for the most part). We definitely learned some great camping tips this time around. For example, keep a lit candle in the outhouse at light. This is excellent for keeping it light enough to take care of business with out juggling the flashlight in your mouth, but also keeping it dark enough not to see everyones' business (if you know what I mean)!

We had so much fun camping last weekend. That is, apart from the horrible amount of smoke which left no side of the campfire a sacred place to sit and the cold! I must say Porter did not enjoy the first night as he slept in a blue pillow case shown above with nubs instead of legs...he prefers to be more free. The second night he did remarkably well. He was far more acclimated to the environment and it was a bit warmer the second night.



While Mom took a nap....Lindsey and Taylor...the "Randalls" if you will...turned our baby into a hoodlum....They taught him a rap which he of course loved but, I feared putting it on the website for fear of gang related assaults. Above is Porter hanging out with his homies. I must second Lindsey's remarks on the food. For some reason, food always tastes better camping. Though I think for now on Taylor would recommend we entirely wipe the Crisco out of the dutch oven prior to cooking in it! Even so, fantastic, fantastic! We will have to plan another trip soon! It was so fun having a big tent to share. Thanks Aaron! When Danny gets his tent we will all have to test it out!





1 comment: